Lego Batman


Lego Batman. Burbank, CA: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Inc., 2008. $19.99 ISBN 993929020720

Plot Summary: Batman and Robin must save Gotham City from the villains recently escaped from Arcane Asylum.

Critical Evaluation: This game was pretty fun, but after about thirty minutes I was confused about what I was supposed to accomplish. I couldn't figure out how to defeat Clayface and soon gave up. If I was a better video game player I may have kept going, or looked up what I was supposed to do. It would be a better game if playing with a friend, which it has the option of doing. I will probably give it another try.

Reader's Annotation: Legos and Batman come together for an action packed video game to follow Batman and Robin as they defeat the villains from Arcane Asylum.

Author Bio:

Genre: Science Fiction, Comic, Adventure

Curriculum Ties:

Booktalking Ideas: Show some legos, preferably Batman themed Legos, and a few Batman comic books and smash them together (carefully) to illustrate the fusion of Batman and Legos in the action packed video game.

Reading Level/Interest Age: Ages 9 and up

Challenges: The violence may be an issue.

Reason for including: I love Batman and Legos, so this was a great combo. It says E (for everyone), but I felt that it best suited the tween group because it is in between the kid world of Legos and teen world of action packed comic books.

0 comments: